Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Beach Life

Hello internet friends!

I'm sitting here in my aunt's living room in sunny Florida, enjoying life out of the big city for the first time in six months!! It's been a whirlwind two-ish weeks as I've been travelling slowly down from the chilly north all the way down to sunny Florida. My first journey was an exciting bus ride down to Baltimore and then a carpool with my cousin Natalie over to Annapolis, MD. We spent a lovely week and a few days catching up, journeying to Black Mountain, NC in the process for a week of church... well, it was Ridgecrest Music Week, a retreat for church ministers of music and others who help in musical things within their churches. But I literally attended a "church service" of sorts 7 times in 3 days. I think I'm caught up for a while... Anyways, after that we drove to Conyers, GA, the town I essentially grew up in (attended the last two years of elementary school and all of middle and high school there) and got a chance to quickly see some of my old friends. After a quick nap (slept about 3 hours that night), my mom and I woke up at the crack of dawn and drove to my aunt's house in sunny Ormond Beach, FL. And here I am, about to journey to Best Buy with my lovely sweet boyfriend.
A shout out to him for being so sweet and patient with me this past few days. My family isn't the easiest to deal with sometimes, and I sometimes don't act like myself around them. I love Josh and he's really helped me keep my cool. :)

1 comment:

  1. Ugh. I completely understand getting around the family after a long while and feeling bent out of one's usual shape. It's a blessing, having someone there to support you when things become difficult to deal with. I had a very similar experience recently, and I was most grateful for the bf calming me down/ understanding when I started to lose my cool. Hang in there through the tough spots, have fun in Florida, and get some sleep! :)

    ReplyDelete