Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Early Morning Thoughts

So, it seems I have successfully completed my first semester of grad school up here in Boston. It hasn't been easy... being so far from my family and friends has been rough. But I'm pulling through, thanks to some pretty great roommates and the best boyfriend in the world. This blog has been a thought in my head for some time now, but I just haven't really had the time until now. So, here it is. A way for my friends and family to keep up with me and read about what I'm up to here in the big city and a place for others to read a little about who I am and what I do. The trials and tribulations of an aspiring young oboist might not be as great as the latest vampire novel, but at least they'll be totally real and completely fang-free.

Right now I'm thinking about my boyfriend, who will be getting up in about 40 minutes for work. If I'm still up by then, I will most likely call him. Long distance for over 3 and a half years isn't easy, but he makes it worth every second. I miss him every day and I can't wait until we can really be together.

I'm also thinking of my cat, as she is currently curled up next to me purring. She keeps me company, and always knows how to make me feel better. But tonight, I think it might actually be time for bed. I managed to get caught up in some ridiculous movie on netflix that wasted 96 minutes of my life, that I will never get back. Oh well. In any case, welcome friends and welcome strangers, to my new blog. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment